2014 Heritage Hopes
January 1, 2014
We at Oregon Heritage are following the “Oregon. We Love Dreamers” motto and thinking big for the New Year! Here are a few of our hopes for 2014:
- Two more Oregon Heritage All-Star Communities designated.
- Four more Oregon Heritage Traditions designated.
- The Oregon Cultural Trust will surpass its $4,000,000 goal and raise $5,000,000!
- Six more newspapers added to the University of Oregon Digital Newspaper Project.
- 30 properties listed in the National Register of Historic Places, to surpass 2,000 total listings in Oregon!
- The Coos Historical & Maritime Museum opens to grand fanfare!
- Pass 500 likes on our Oregon Heritage Facebook page. Like us now!
- Voters in Crook, Klamath and other counties will approve public financial support for their county museums.
- Conditions of Oregon’s historic collections are improved with the help of the Oregon Heritage MentorCorps.
- Each of the more than 1,000 heritage organizations in Oregon embrace and implement the goals of the 2014-19 Oregon Heritage Plan.
- The Settlement-Era Properties Multiple Property Document is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Oregon Trail Multiple Property Document is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- One new Heritage Bulletin posted to the our per quarter (tell us what topics you want!)
- Oregon Main Street adds one more Preforming Main Street community and two new Transforming Main Street communities.
- The possible reorganization of the Oregon State Library, the Oregon State Archives and related organizations means historic records are better preserved and more easily accessed by the public.
Happy New Year from all of us at Oregon Heritage!